Mangrove DAO is focused on restoration of degraded mangrove habitats in Myanmar and globally
Mangrove DAO is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization. It implements novel governance mechanisms to empower the community of TREE coin holders.
MANGROVE token is the new digital representation of 1 planted mangrove in the TREE coin project and the governance token of the Mangrove DAO. It is issued on Polygon blockchain.
Mangrove DAO members can vote on:
Blue Carbon Reference Token pool will be launched to represent 1 generic VCU of Blue Carbon. The liquidity pool for Blue Carbon token will then be listed and traded on Sushiswap.
Heyerdahl Climate Pioneers
Planted mangrove in Thor Heyerdahl park and carbon rights
Planted mangrove in Thor Heyerdahl park and governance of the Mangrove DAO, including treasury multisig
1’622’750, including 561’027 technical colored coins issued for the offchain settlement
2017 (till 2021)
1 Dec 2021
The project replants severely degraded mangroves in the Ayeyarwady region of Myanmar. The project's developer is Worldview International Foundation, one of the world's most respected eco heroes. Founded in 1979, it established national parks in Myanmar and Sri Lanka, planted tens of millions of trees, and provided hundreds of jobs on a regular basis.
To ensure the project's long term sustainability, WIF uses a community-based model to educate and employ locals, to provide scholarships and help schools, to support families and gender equality.
Project carbon curve
- TREE coins issued and listed on Lykke Exchange
- WIF mangrove restoration project registered by Verra
- December 2, 2021. Lykke delisting announced.
- January 2, 2022. Migration from Lykke ended. The later requests will be considered on an ad hoc basis.
- GnosisSafe Multisig created
- Interim treasury holders elected
- First Blue Carbon credits tokenized and sent to the Treasury
- Mangrove Removal Tonne on Toucan Protocol
- Treasury distribution proposals DAO voting
- Migration of the Treasury to SafeSnap or similar mechanism allowing direct distribution of funds based on DAO voting
- Mangrove DAO development